CO-Aware Us for the Future ECO-EU (EKO-Świadomi my dla przyszłości EKO-UE)
Climate and Threats on Cultural Heritage (Klimat i zagrożenia dla dziedzictwa kulturowego)
The Home Army Primary School No. 14 with Bilingual Units in Tychy has a long history of international cooperation. In the past we took part in international exchanges as part of the Youth in Action programme and exchanges organised by the Polish-Ukrainian Youth Exchange Fund at the National Centre for Culture. We also hosted foreign students as part of the Global Citizen programme in cooperation with AEISEC Poland. When in 2018 the project application we submitted was accepted for implementation – it was somehow a natural consequence of those activities. Our school received a grant to implement a 2-year project under ERASMUS+, the EU programme supporting education, training, youth and sport in Europe.
In 2018-2020, during the implementation of the project, entitled Let’s Explore Our Roots to Shape Our Common Future, our students and teachers collaborated with colleagues from partner schools in Romania, Turkey and Lithuania. Even before the outbreak of the COVID19 pandemic, students were working together virtually – online, and through so-called short-term pupil exchanges – i.e. week-long trips to the partner schools.
Seeing the huge positive impact on our students as a result of participating in the project, our school developed further project proposals under the ERASMUS+ programme in 2020. We are very pleased that two projects: ECO-Aware Us for the Future ECO-EU and Climate and Threats on Cultural Heritage have been approved and more of our students are participating in the next project tasks.
This time the projects we and our partners are implementing concern not only cultural heritage but also ecology. Currently our school cooperates with partners from the following countries: Italy, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey.
● Istituto Comprensivo De Amicis-Manzoni (Italy)
● Moletu Pradine Mokykla (Lithuania)
● Agrupamento de Escolas de Cristelo (Portugal)
● Liceul Tehnologic Ing. Ionete Aurelian Malu Mare (Romania)
● Scoala Gimnaziala Calcan Ivan Comuna Cochirleanca (Romania)
● Despot Stefan Visoki (Serbia)
● Cirkevna spojena skola Panny Marie (Slovakia)
● Colegio La Salle-El Pilar Alfaro (Spain)
● Adnan Menderes Ortaokulu (Turkey)
● Manavgat Anadolu Imam Hatip Lisesi (Turkey)
● Maresal Mustafa Kemal Ortaokulu (Turkey)